The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $cookielaw - Line: 21 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 21 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 54 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 54 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$cookielaw_footer - Line: 22 - File: global.php(1070) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1070) : eval()'d code 22 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 1070 eval

FarmersJoint.com
tuta absoluta - Printable Version

+- FarmersJoint.com (http://farmersjoint.com)
+-- Forum: Plant Forums (http://farmersjoint.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Crops & Plantation Farming (http://farmersjoint.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: tuta absoluta (/thread-13197.html)

tuta absoluta - Bupsiny - 06-23-2017

do we have anyone growing tomatoes here, how are u managing to control tuta absoluta

RE: tuta absoluta - John@ - 08-26-2017

I don't grow tomatoes, but here are some info I got:

Tuta absoluta is a flying moth. Its larva can cause 100% yield loss!!!! It is also called tomato leafminer and S. American tomato moth. Larva feed voraciously on leaves (creating galleries), burrow in stalks, consume apical buds, green and ripe fruits. The adults are active during early morning and at dusk. In the afternoon they stay hidden among the plants.

Cultural Control: At the end of the planting season, destroy all crop remnant by burning or ploughing into the soil. Allow 6 weeks to pass before planting again. Also destroy weeds as they serve as alternative host - if your crops are not available, they turn and feed on weeds. Use pest-free transplants, use certified seeds, remaove and destroy attacked plants.

I hope this helped.

OTHER PLANTS AFFECTED: Night shade family plants like potatoes, egg plants, pepper, pepino and tobacco.

CONTROL: Some tuta absoluta has develop resistance against organophosphate and pyrethroid insecticides - meaning that these popular insecticides may longer be effective. However, newer insecticides like Spinosad, Imidacloprid and Bacillus thuringienses have shown some efficacy in controlling European outbreak of this moth. Sex pheromones can be used to trap and kill males.

The following pesticides may also be used: Lambdacyhalothin, Cypermethrin, Emamectin benzoate and Chlorpyrifos.

RE: tuta absoluta - Henlus - 09-14-2017

(08-26-2017, 08:13 PM)John@ Wrote: I don't grow tomatoes, but here are some info I got:

Tuta absoluta is a flying moth. Its larva can cause 100% yield loss!!!! It is also called tomato leafminer and S. American tomato moth. Larva feed voraciously on leaves (creating galleries), burrow in stalks, consume apical buds, green and ripe fruits. The adults are active during early morning and at dusk. In the afternoon they stay hidden among the plants.

Cultural Control: At the end of the planting season, destroy all crop remnant by burning or ploughing into the soil. Allow 6 weeks to pass before planting again. Also destroy weeds as they serve as alternative host - if your crops are not available, they turn and feed on weeds. Use pest-free transplants, use certified seeds, remaove and destroy attacked plants.

I hope this helped.

OTHER PLANTS AFFECTED: Night shade family plants like potatoes, egg plants, pepper, pepino and tobacco.

CONTROL: Some tuta absoluta has develop resistance against organophosphate and pyrethroid insecticides - meaning that these popular insecticides may longer be effective. However, newer insecticides like Spinosad, Imidacloprid and Bacillus thuringienses have shown some efficacy in controlling European outbreak of this moth. Sex pheromones can be used to trap and kill males.

The following pesticides may also be used: Lambdacyhalothin, Cypermethrin, Emamectin benzoate and Chlorpyrifos.

Thanks for this great tip. @Op, won't u say thanks?

RE: tuta absoluta - Sendrix - 09-15-2017

(08-26-2017, 08:13 PM)John@ Wrote: I don't grow tomatoes, but here are some info I got:

I hope this helped.

where can I buy Spinosad, Imidacloprid and Bacillus thuringienses and Sex pheromones

RE: tuta absoluta - Henlus - 09-27-2017

(09-15-2017, 08:34 PM)Sendrix Wrote: where can I buy Spinosad, Imidacloprid and Bacillus thuringienses and Sex pheromones

Check Jubailiagrotec.com