FarmersJoint.com

Full Version: Best Planting Season for Cucumber in Nigeria?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow entreprenuers, my interest in crop farming is growing and I'll to plant some cucumbers. When is the best time to start?
Best time is when rain is not too much BC of diseases. in fact dry season is the best if u can irrigate. during periods of high humidity, routinely spray them with systemic fungicides. use at least 2 different systemic fungicides with different mode of action, tank mixing each with a contact fungicide.
@Henlus can u exaplain more on how to mix the fungicides?
(10-11-2017, 06:57 PM)Sendrix Wrote: [ -> ]@Henlus can u exaplain more on how to mix the fungicides?

Check: http://www.farmersjoint.com/thread-28687.html
It is also important to note that during the dry season, stubborn pests like whiteflies, spider mites, leafhoppers etc can poise a problem. Using overhead/drip irrigation and insecticides like imidacloprid, methomyl, Tihans, chlorfenapyr, emamectin benzoate, buprofezin etc will help keep them at bay.
(10-19-2019, 04:43 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]It is also important to note that during the dry season, stubborn pests like whiteflies, spider mites, leafhoppers etc can poise a problem. Using overhead/drip irrigation and insecticides like imidacloprid, methomyl, Tihans, chlorfenapyr, emamectin benzoate, buprofezin etc will help keep them at bay.

Can chickens help in controlling pests like leafhoppers, grasshoppers etc.
(01-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Can chickens help in controlling pests like leafhoppers, grasshoppers etc.

I don't think they can. They may pursue and eat few grasshoppers but for leafhoppers? Those pests are too fast for chickens.
(01-21-2020, 10:46 PM)FarmTech Wrote: [ -> ].
I don't think they can. They may pursue and eat few grasshoppers but for leafhoppers? Those pests are too fast for chickens.

In addition, they will scratch the soil and destroy plant roots.