FarmersJoint.com

Full Version: IM NEW HERE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is Dare, a graduate of business admin from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree. I'm into poultry farming in lagos state, I join this forum to acquire more info about farming & to give my own little contributions where needed. My farm name is KEDOTY FARM
You are highly welcome bro. I'm also into poultry with about 600 birds. Hw many do u have?
(05-15-2015, 08:04 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]You are highly welcome bro. I'm also into poultry with about 600 birds. Hw many do u have?

I have 500 that started laying a month ago & just collected another 1500 day old chicks (Layers)
Congratulation. Do you rear the adults and chicks in the same farm? If that's the case you have to be very careful to avoid disease transmission. With air borne diseases, it is quite unavoidable.
(05-19-2015, 05:58 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulation. Do you rear the adults and chicks in the same farm? If that's the case you have to be very careful to avoid disease transmission. With air borne diseases, it is quite unavoidable.

Yes the brooding house is not far from the pen house. Thank u for the advice
Wish you Godspeed. But if you encounter any problem with the chicks, don't combine different age group next time.
You're highly welcome.

I won't advise you to be rearing birds of different ages in the same land. If you must, then there is a minimum distance that must exist between the 2 pens to avoid disease transmission. I hav forgotten the distance. Also different workers must attain to the birds of different ages.
@dare, pls adhere to d advices so far given to u by both henlus and farmking